Monday, November 26, 2007

Hi! Gilligan here. Wow! It has been five weeks since IBR saved my life, and I DO mean saved my life. I had basically given up when John picked me up from that transport in Champagne, IL. I got on the transport from a nice lady named Dottie who send out the SOS to IBR. My life had been so hard and I was starving to death. John and Susan were so kind to put up with my obsessive barking, devoting all of their time and sleep, and provided me with a warm, safe home with food and furry friends. Thank you, John and Susan.
Then two weeks later I took a ride to a new foster home. Camp Davis has been different but I am now getting use to things. I missed John and Susan and it took me a few days to get use to this new place. But now watch out!
Here at Camp Davis, I have gained about 3-4 pounds in the last three weeks. There is all the food I want, I can hardly believe it, every time I turn around my foster mom has more food for me. It has been hard but I have held my reserve, when she has offered me that really healthy, good food. I have insisted on the basic hamburger and rice diet. I hear from my fur siblings that she has been adding all kinds of nutrient supplements to it that are helping me to heal and get very strong, so I let her think she is sneaking goodness to me, but I really know because I feel better very day. My reserve has finally weakened and she has won. I just can't resist that raw Northwest Naturals Chicken and still all those healthy supplements. But boy, do I feel fantastic. She has finally converted me to the healthy diet, and I eat like a wild man when she comes in the room with that bowl. Who would have guessed I would still be alive and this healthy in only five weeks!
My foster mom takes me to this place where these two ladies make me crazy. I hear her say that they are doctors and that they are helping to heal me, but it drives me crazy. I run around like a wild man. I am so glad when we go home and foster mom picks me up to cuddle with her in the mushroom chair. I think this is the best part of being at Camp Davis is the cuddle time in the mushroom chair with my foster mom. She tells me it is her favorite time too.
I don't mean to sound conceited, but really look at those pictures. Am I not the cutest little English setter you have ever seen? My foster mom says that I am one of the cuties dogs she has ever met and that is quite a compliment considering how many dogs she has seen in IBR.
I have attached a few pics of myself, look at me in one of my quiet moments, I am sporting my fur sister's new winter coat, and I am curled up sleeping in my house with my cute T-shirt....AND there are some pics of me snuggling up to my foster mommy Anne.

1 comment:

Lee Harrington said...

Happy Holidays to Gilligan and his new friends! He looks like such a sweet boy, but I live too far away to adopt him. I just wanted to send thanks, gratitude, and holiday blessings to the kind people who helped rescue this dog and are now loving him up!
Best,
Lee Harrington
author, REX AND THE CITY (A memoir about rescuing an abused English Setter and raising him in a 300 sf apartment in NYC. He had a wonderful life with us in the city!)